Wednesday 2 May 2012

Antiquing

So a few weeks back my sister and I were in Ahuriri, a cute little village not far from Napier. This area is one of my favourite places in Hawke's Bay; it's right by the beach, where all the little fishing boats are, has the best Mediterranean deli I've ever been to, has a mean chicken eatery and ice creamery, and has some other lovely wharfside restaurants (which double as nightclubs on the weekends). While I was growing up Dad used to take us to the wharf to go fishing so I have many fond memories of the area.

Anyhoooooo...there's this amazing antique shop that the sister and I always visit when we're over there, called Whale's Tale Antiques. My golly that shop is amazing, gets my imagination in a whirl every visit! It's incredibly crammed with stuff and wouldn't be good for clumsy people to visit (always so scared I'll break something!) but it's smell, all the amazing treasures it houses and just the feel of the place is magical. I love it. If you're ever in the area, make sure you check it out!!



So many treasures, and just imagine the stories behind them!!
Hope you're having a beaut day :)
xx

3 comments:

  1. Maternal Vessel5 May 2012 at 19:48

    Nice photos. Capture the mood and the magic nicely.(Is that the sister hopping on 1 foot?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no she wouldn't dare hop in that shop! Not too sure what she's doing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...