Monday 28 May 2012

Who knew?

I think New Zealand is a pretty sweet country. As I've grown older (and wiser..I hope?) I've come to appreciate this great country of ours much more than I used to. Though I have nothing to compare it to and I am biased because it's where I come from, I think New Zealand has so much going for it. This view was reinforced when I stumbled upon this article. Turns out, there are some mean cool places to stay around our country, places that differ from your general hotel or b&b. Take a look....
The Boot, Nelson. 
Straight out of the 'There was an old woman who lived in a shoe' nursery rhyme!

The Giant's House, Akaroa.
Looks like something out of Alice in Wonderland or Dr Seuss's head!!

Yurt accomodation, Raglan.
This is the interior of the yurt, which is pretty much a tepee. I kid you not.

The jailhouse, Christchurch.
Each room is fully kitted out like your everyday hotel room. Buuuuuuut it's an old prison.
Not too sure I'd like this one, have seen too many scary movies in this sorta setting...

Woodlyn Park, Waitomo.
Stay in the hobbit hotel (pictured) or in a plane, train or ship!!


Solscape eco retreat, Raglan.
Stay in a tepee (again, wow), an earth dome or train carriages which have been converted into rooms.
(plus feel good doing it, its all eco friendly)

So cool! Staying at these places is definitely going on my bucket list!! 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...