Wednesday 19 December 2012

A Tragedy

This school shooting over in Conneticut. Such a tragedy. So many innocent lives lost, lives that could have gone on to achieve greatness. I just cannot fathom how someone can be drawn to commit mass murder like that, and I (along with MANY others) am frustrated at the lenient gun laws over in the US. It's such a culture over there, a gun culture, and it's completely ridiculous that such a deadly weapon can be purchased so easily. I really hope that this leads to a reform of the laws.

Also, I bet this would have been classified as an act of terrorism if the guy had been an Arab (a frustration with US media that I could go on and on about)
R.I.P to all those who lost their lives in the shooting.
xx

2 comments:

  1. Yes such an unspeakable tragedy and certainly not to be minimised. However one could tastelessly mention possible double-standards regarding another ongoing (and on the whole seemingly totally justifiable by the majority) mass-extermination of innocents who could also have been achievers of greatness. Oh and it is classified as a woman's right to choose. But I won't mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree it's a tragedy, but I can't help being annoyed at all the press coverage it's received while thousands of other massacres are being ignored because they're not of Americans. THIS is why I don't want to be a journalist anymore! And totally agree with the Arab thing - Hannah taught us well, didn't she!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...