Thursday 6 December 2012

Movie Wrap

My thoughts on some movies I've seen recently...

Breaking Dawn Part 2 - Wasn't keen to see this tbh as I'm not a fan of twilight. But I obliged on the request of a friend whom I hardly ever see. It was actually not as bad as I expected, and I even found myself engaged at some points (particularly the battle scene). Not terrible, but still not a fan sorry.

Argo - An interesting true story about Iran-America relations. Saw this with a friend in Hamilton and really enjoyed it. It's intellectual and has some really intense moments. Ben Affleck is brilliant as the protagonist, and the supporting cast are also great. I felt smarter after watching this.

Magic Mike - So incredibly lame. Yes I do appreciate the fine male specimens on offer but that could only sustain my interest for so long. Bad acting, a lacklustre story-line and so much cheesiness meant that I was bored early on, and resorted to facebook chat instead.

Melancholia - I had high hopes for this flick, as it received rave reviews from both critics and my mum and sister. However, I disliked it immensely. I was interested at the start, with the wedding scenes, but after that it became boring, weird, depressing and drawn-out, and I found myself irritated that nothing was being explained. Kirsten Dunst's character annoyed me too. The only thing I really liked about the movie was her wedding dress.

Brick - Now this was a goodie, but that is to be expected of films starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The plot had twists and turns and kept me on the edge of my seat. It's a film full of teen angst, and I enjoyed it very much. Recommended.

Any suggestions of films I should watch?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...