Tuesday 11 October 2011

Mad Men

We watched the pilot episode of Mad Men yesterday in tv studies, as part of our debates over how you define what is 'quality tv'. I'd heard of it and knew it had won lots of awards and stuff but I'd never been particularly interested in watching it. Buuuuuuuuuuut I really liked it. It's about Don Draper, the creative director of an ad agency in New York in the 1960s and his work and home life. It had intelligent plot lines and dialogue, interesting characters, great acting, no drugs or sex, a great setting and great styling. It's refreshingly different, and I can see why it's won critical acclaim.


Mad Men S2 promos - mad-men photo

I think I may have to try and rent the series and watch it over summer.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...