Thursday 28 July 2011


I saw this post on this blog the other day and it inspired me to compile my own list of comforts; the things I turn to every now and then that are guaranteed to make me smile or provide me with a coat of warm fuzziness when I need it. Here it is: 

Food and Drink (most important first, right?!) 
Lasagna
My mum's carrot cake (what I always choose as my birthday cake)
That really pulpy 'freshly squeezed' orange juice
Grilled salmon fillets - my ultimate fav fish
A really good caramel slice
Curried Kumara soup and mum's homemade tomato soup...sooo good in winter
Those little white dinner rolls they have at the RSA and valentines. omnomnom.
Nuts & Bolts (a family thing)

 Books 
1984 - George Orwelll
In Cold Blood - Truman Capote
A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
The Beach - Alex Garland
The Girl with the dragon tattoo series - Steig Larsson
Asterix comics!

Movies 
Benny & Joon
Chocolat
500 days of Summer
Juno
Boy

Music 
John Mayer 
Adrian Lux - Teenage Crime
Bruno Mars - Just the way you are, Grenade, Marry you
Bryan Adams - Run to you, Heaven, Summer of '69, I do it for you
Foster the people - Pumped up kicks
Charles Aznavour
Coldplay
(I generally listen to more upbeat music, but these ones are my 'chilled' favourites)

TV Series 
Friends
Gilmore Girls
Flight of the Conchords

Activities 
Reading
Blogging
Watching a great movie or TV episode with my loved ones
Walks on the beach 
People watching (slash daydreaming)
Having a real deep conversation with a friend or family member
Baking/Cooking

This is me :)
xx

2 comments:

  1. None of those books are what I would call comfort books. Warm fuzzies? More like cold chills! Except Asterix of course. When did you discover Axterix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so they're my favourite books, but I read for comfort and these are what I like to read! Tbh, I don't really read 'warm fuzzy' type books! Asterix....I discovered in intermediate I think. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...